Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Popular Vendors & Booking Times


Vendors book out at different rates. Popular vendors book out a year in advance or more. Don’t let that discourage you though. Venues have cancelations all the time and some vendors will not book a year out. For example, I don’t photograph just weddings, my company also photographs books and works for corporations across the county and globe. My policy is only to book a certain amount of weddings a year or more out so that I can keep my schedule flexible. Then I book the rest six months out. 

When thinking about a timeline, you need to take into consideration where you are having your wedding. For example, if you are having your wedding the last weekend in March or the end of May, there are some major events that take up a lot of hotel space and they are booked a year out. Christmas in New York would probably pretty full as well.  Even booking at a group rate you are still going to pay the premium for good hotel rooms close to things and events. You have to book these a year out or as soon as possible. Thus this timeline is more of a suggestion of an order grouped.

No comments: